If an individual has a mutation, there is a 50% chance that each of their first-degree relatives also has the same mutation. To increase access to this important information, Color and the BRCA Foundation have partnered to offer genetic testing to parents, siblings, and adult children of people with mutations for just $50, rather than the normal $249 price.
Requirements to participate in the Family Testing Program:
Your patient’s known family mutation must be:
- In a gene on the Color test
- Within the Color test reportable range
- Determined by Color to be a pathogenic or likely pathogenic mutation
- Identified by a clinical-grade lab (no research results accepted)
- You must provide a copy of the laboratory report (may be from Color or another clinical lab) indicating your patient’s mutation with your order. We do not accept other forms of documentation, such as clinical notes or verbal reports.
Please note: At all times, Color reserves the right to review your compliance with the requirements above, and may choose to deny testing through the Family Testing Program at its reasonable discretion. It is the ordering provider's responsibility to provide all documentation necessary in order to ensure that the known family mutation meets the requirements above.
How to help your patients and their relatives access testing for $50
- Log into your Color Provider Platform and visit the Family Testing Enrollment Page
- Enter your patient’s details and upload their or their relative’s positive laboratory test report
- After your application has been approved, instructions will be sent by email to complete the process and receive testing.
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 352-6567. Those outside the US can reach us at +1 650-651-7130.
Have more questions? Submit a request