We understand there may be situations when you want to deactivate or delete your Color account. While we are required to comply with applicable federal and state regulations, we’ve created a robust deactivation experience. Here's what happens when your account is deactivated:
- Your login and account access will be terminated.
- You will not receive any Color services going forward (for example, any results that have not yet been reported, or any updates or changes to your results).
- If you had previously opted into third-party research, you will be opted out of research moving forward.
- If you previously opted into Color Data, your information will not be made available in future publications of Color Data.
- If you elected the optional sample storage, your sample will be destroyed.
- Your de-identified and genetic sequencing data will be retained and usable by Color for internal quality assurance, internal validation studies, publications authored by Color using only aggregated information, improvements to current product offerings, and business intelligence.
We want to reiterate that Color is required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information. We take your privacy very seriously and implement certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards.
If you'd like to deactivate your account, please send us a message.