I was registered under an email address I don’t use and can’t access, what do I do?
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to change your email address for you.
System says that I’m not eligible, what do I do?
- Please ensure that you are accessing the website from the link provided by your school, and you are entering your email address correctly. If you are still experiencing an error, please contact us at email@example.com.
I forgot my password, what should I do?
- Please visit reset your password. We will send you a link to your email that will allow you to reset your password. You can also request a one-time single sign in link to sign into your account securely, even without your password.
I forgot my username, what should I do?
- Your username should be your email address that you used to create your account. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need login assistance.
Can I update my email address in Color?
- Yes, you can update your email address in account settings. If you are having trouble doing so, please feel free to email us at email@example.com for assistance.
What email address will communications from Color (notifications etc.) be sent to?
- Communications from Color will be sent to the email address associated with your account and activated kit.
When will I receive notifications?
- You will receive email and text notifications to remind you ahead of your next test and if you forgot to activate or return your kit. You’ll also receive email and text notifications when your results are ready.
Can I turn off the notifications?
- Color will only send you important notifications and reminders that pertain to your COVID-19 testing - reminders and results.
Sample Collection/Kit Activation
My barcode cannot be validated, what should I do?
- Please ensure that you have typed in your barcode exactly as it appears on the kit label. If you are still unsuccessful, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your barcode number, name, and date of birth.
I entered the wrong bar code, what should I do?
- Please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
My roommate/friend mixed up our kits, what do we do?
- Once a testing kit is associated with an individual's account, we are unable to undo this action. A new testing kit will be required. Please see your program’s page for more information.
My kit is broken (e.g. top won’t stay on, crack in tube)
- If activated already: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your kit barcode number, name, and date of birth to have your broken kit information deactivated from your account. Please then follow your institution's instructions for a new kit.
- If not activated: Please follow your institution's instructions for a new kit.
How long will it take to receive my results?
- Results typically take 1-3 days, though the actual time may vary. If you feel you are experiencing severe or worsening symptoms, do not delay seeking medical care while waiting for your results. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people experiencing the following symptoms get emergency medical attention immediately: trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to stay awake or wake after sleeping, bluish lips or face.
How will I receive my results?
- You will receive your results online. We will send you a text and email notification as soon as they are available. You can also visit color.com/covid-test to check if your results are ready. You’ll need to enter your date of birth and the test barcode associated to your kit.
Who will my results be shared with?
- You and the physician who ordered your test will receive a copy of your results. We will also share your results with your state and/or local health department, as required by law. Your results may also be shared with your school.