Color is committed to help accelerate research for lcWGS applications, especially for diverse populations. By sampling across the whole genome at a low depth, a technique known as low coverage whole genome sequencing (lcWGS) with imputation, we’re able to reliably detect and predict common variants across all ethnic populations. We’re inviting scientists and Color clients to work with us to use lcWGS data to help us develop applications that are relevant to diverse populations.
To request a FASTQ file with the lcWGS raw data, please send an email to email@example.com. A board-certified genetic counselor from Color will respond to request the information needed to provide you with the lcWGS data. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact a Color genetic counselor at 844-352-6567. Those outside the US can reach us at +1 650 651 730.
Important information to know when requesting your lcWGS data:
- Please be aware that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted via the internet.
- Also, as a reminder, pursuant to Color’s Terms of Service, (1) the data you requested may contain Color Proprietary Material that are protected by relevant intellectual property and other rights; and (2) you may only use Color’s Proprietary Information for personal, non-commercial purposes. Please refer to Color’s Terms of Service for additional information, and let us know if you have any questions.
- Please note that you may receive data that has not been analyzed or validated by the lab. This data is suitable for general informational or research purposes only, and cannot be relied on for clinical, medical, or diagnostic purposes. You should not make medical decisions or changes to medications or dosages without consulting a healthcare provider.
- By accepting this data, you agree that Color will not be responsible or liable for any use of or reliance on this data for any purpose inconsistent with the foregoing. If you choose to use, disclose, or have this data analyzed by a third party, Color hereby disclaims any liability arising from such use, disclosure, or analysis. It’s important to make sure any findings from this data are confirmed clinically. Always consult with your healthcare provider before you make any changes to your medical care.
- You understand that if you release or disclose your data to a third party, any disclosure or use of such data by the recipient may no longer be protected under the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), or other applicable international, federal, and state laws and regulations.