- FORCE: Committed to providing resources and support to individuals at high-risk of getting breast and ovarian cancer due to their family history and genetic status.
- - Visit: www.facingourrisk.org
- Bright Pink: Focused on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, while providing support for high-risk individuals.
- - Visit: www.brightpink.org
- Susan G. Komen: Dedicated to ensuring quality care for individuals with breast cancer by educating, supporting research, offering grants and advocating for better breast cancer policy.
- - Visit: http://ww5.komen.org/
- Right Action for Women: Provides aid to individuals who are at increased risk for breast cancer and do not have insurance or the financial flexibility to cover the high costs associated with breast screenings.
- - Visit: http://www.rightactionforwomen.org/
Male Breast Cancer
- His Breast Cancer: Information about male breast cancer. Here to inform, to educate, bring awareness, and to teach prevention regarding breast cancer in men.Insight and education on male breast cancer.
- - Visit: www.hisbreastcancer.org
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition: Committed to raising awareness of ovarian cancer in communities across the country and to providing education, support and hope for women with ovarian cancer and for their families.
- - Visit: www.ovarian.org
- Colon Cancer Alliance: An organization dedicated to colon cancer prevention, funding colon cancer research and providing support to patients.
- - Visit: www.ccalliance.org
- Hereditary Colon Cancer Foundation: A nonprofit organization serving the hereditary colorectal cancer community.
- - Visit: www.hcctakesguts.org
- Colonoscopy Assist: An affordable colon cancer screening program for people who are uninsured.
- - Visit: http://www.cheapcolonoscopy.com
- Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education & Support Network: The mission of Us TOO is to provide hope and improve the lives of those affected by prostate cancer through support, education, advocacy and awareness.
- - Visit: www.ustoo.org
- American Melanoma Foundation: An organization supporting melanoma research, and providing advocacy and public awareness of melanoma
- - Visit: www.melanomafoundation.org
- National Pancreas Foundation: An organization committed to funding pancreatic cancer research, and providing support and education about pancreatic cancer.
- - Visit: www.pancreasfoundation.org
- Kintalk: An educational and family communication site for individuals and their families with hereditary cancer conditions.
- - Visit: www.kintalk.org
- Lynch Syndrome International: Primary mission is to provide support for individuals afflicted with Lynch syndrome.
- - Visit: www.lynchcancers.com
- CAPP3: The primary focus of the Cancer Prevention Project 3 (CAPP3) is to find the right dosage of Aspirin for people with Lynch syndrome. Learn more about the benefits of aspirin for those with Lynch Syndrome at CAPP3.
- - Visit: http://www.capp3.org
- Sharsheret: Sharsheret is a national not-for-profit organization supporting young Jewish women with BRCA mutations.
- - Visit: www.sharsheret.org
- No Stomach For Cancer: Supporting research and uniting the caring power of people worldwide affected by stomach cancer and Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer caused by CDH1 mutations.
- - Visit: www.nostomachforcancer.org
- PTEN Foundation: Founded with a mission to educate about PTEN syndromes, provide financial support to patients, support research, and to promote awareness.
- - Visit: www.ptenfoundation.org
- Li-Fraumeni Syndrome (LFS) Association: Provides a wide range of information, advocacy, and support services for individuals and families with Li-Fraumeni Syndrome caused by TP53 mutations.
- - Visit: www.lfsassociation.org
- Mesothelioma Guide: An advocacy organization dedicated to helping patients diagnosed with mesothelioma or with BAP1 mutations
Country Specific Resources
- Find a genetic counsellor: Locate a genetics provider through the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors
- Canadian Cancer Society: A national, community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. The Canadian Cancer Society provides free support and information to anyone affected by breast cancer, or at high risk.
- Ovarian Cancer Canada: Dedicated to overcoming ovarian cancer, supporting women living with the disease and their families, raising awareness among the general public and healthcare professionals and funding research to develop early detection techniques, improved treatments and, ultimately, a cure.
- - Visit: http://www.ovariancanada.org
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Society: Provides supportive connections and essential information about specialized services and resources.
- - Visit: http://www.hbocsociety.org
- Prostate Cancer Canada: The leading national foundation dedicated to the elimination of the most common cancer in men through research, advocacy, education, support and awareness.
- - Visit: http://www.prostatecancer.ca/
- Wellspring: A network of community-based support centres offering programs and services that meet the emotional, social, practical and restorative needs of people living with cancer and those who care for them. Wellspring programs are offered free of charge
- - Visit: https://wellspring.ca/
- Find a Genetic Counselor: Locate a cancer genetics provider through the Centre for Genetics Education.
- Pink Hope: Australian support network for individuals at high risk for getting breast cancer.
- - Visit: http://pinkhope.org.au/
- Breast Cancer Network Australia: A national organisation for Australians personally affected by breast cancer. It works to ensure that Australians diagnosed with breast cancer and their families receive the best information, treatment, care and support possible.
- - Visit: https://www.bcna.org.au/
- Breast Cancer Aotearoa Coalition New Zealand: Provides information, support and representation for those with breast cancer so they can make informed choices about their treatment and care.
- - Visit: https://www.breastcancer.org.nz/home
- The Gift of Knowledge: New Zealand Charity organisation to learn more about BRCA mutation and connect with others.
Ovarian Cancer Australia: A national not-for-profit organisation providing support and advocacy for people affected by ovarian cancer and awareness of ovarian cancer and prevention options.
- - Visit: http://www.ovariancancer.net.au/
Lynch Syndrome Australia: Aims to empower Australians to investigate their risk, educate the medical profession, evolve campaigns to highlight this genetic condition and achieve equity in access, diagnosis, treatment and hope
- Visit: https://lynchsyndrome.org.au/
Prostate Cancer Foundation Australia: The national body for prostate cancer in Australia that funds research and other efforts to reduce the impact of prostate cancer on the community.
- Visit: http://www.prostate.org.au/
- Pancreatic Cancer Alliance: A collaborative voice raising awareness of and providing support to those affected with pancreatic cancer in Australia.
Bowel Cancer Australia: An organisation dedicated to bowel cancer prevention, early diagnosis, research, quality treatment and care, and provides practical and emotional support for the growing number of Australians affected by bowel cancer.
- Visit: https://www.bcna.org.au/
Cancer Voices Australia: An advocacy organisation representing Australians affected by cancer that aims to ensure the voices of people, their carers and families affected by cancer are heard at a national level.
- - Visit: http://www.cancervoices.org.au/
- Find a Genetic Counselor: Locate a genetic counselor through Israel’s Ministry of Health
- BRACHA: The BRACHA website is for all those who are affected by Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC) and other hereditary cancers.
- - Visit: https://www.bracha.org.il/home-page
- One in 9: Works to raise public awareness about breast cancer and promote breast health in Israel, and offers special support groups.
- - Visit: https://www.onein9.org.il/
England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales
- Find a Genetic Counselor: Locate a genetics provider in England, Ireland, Scotland, or Wales through the British Society for Genetic Medicine
- Breast Cancer Care: Providing care, information and support to people affected by breast cancer.
- - Visit: breastcancercare.org.uk
- Cancer Support UK: Provides practical and emotional support to people living with cancer, both during and after the treatment period, around the UK.
- - Visit: https://www.cancersupportuk.org/
- Northern Ireland Cancer Network: Works in collaboration with Health and Social Care organisations, academic organisations, charities, cancer specialists and service users to improve cancer services and to implement national and local NHS strategies.
- - Visit: http://www.cancerni.net/
- Find a Genetic Counselor: Locate genetic counseling services through provincial health services, academic institutions and in private practice.
- Breast Health Foundation: A Not for Profit Company dedicated to educating the public on breast cancer and breast health, increase awareness and empower women.
- - Visit: http://www.mybreast.org.za/
- The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA): A non-profit organisation that enables research, educates the public and provides support to all people affected by cancer.
- - Visit: http://www.cansa.org.za/